Are you considering technology jobs for your future career? You’re wise to bark up this tree, since technology jobs are very high-paying and rewarding. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment that really demands all brain cells put to good use, but there is good job security in this ever-growing field that makes it all worthwhile.
Here are 15 skills and talents you’ll need to possess if you want to succeed working in technology jobs…
- You can fix basic computer problems like adding network cards and backing up data.
- You can answer phones like a champ and communicate with customers in a clear manner.
- If needed, you can give a presentation in front of a group of people without peeing your pants.
- The opportunity to train someone to do your job interests you very much.
- You are a good listener who is able to follow directions and absorb information.
- Network operation and troubleshooting processes naturally make sense to you.
- You understand how to access system levels and work your way around file permissions.
- You can throw a script together to check for abnormal behavior or put up error messages.
- Backing up files and testing restorations are second nature to you.
- You are very patient and sometimes willing to work all night long on a team project.
- You are a whiz at organizing and running cable when installing a new server.
- Energy statistics for energy and cooling demands are ingrained in your mind.
- You are inquisitive and unafraid to ask questions, even if it seems stupid at first.
- You are able to speak without using acronyms once.
- Business is a field that interests you and you are willing to learn the business processes.
It takes a special sort of person to excel in technology jobs. Nowadays, employers are looking for people who will go over and beyond the stereotypical “nerd in a cubicle” role. They want real business leaders who can spearhead projects, communicate with various departments, sell the company on the usefulness of new technologies, and really lead the company into the 21st Century.